FRAUD ALERT! Shaw's Data Breach
Shaws Supermarkets has announced a data breach of credit and debit card information for customers who shopped at Shaws between June 22 - July 17. Please CLICK HERE to see Shaws' official site and updates. We will keep our members updated here at www.onecu.org.
At One CU we value our members and know how frustrating it is to be faced with this kind of breach situation. We are here to help. Please, don't hesitate to call 1-800-578-5024 with any questions or concerns. It is important to know that One CU member debit and credit card accounts are protected by zero liability fraud protection in the case of a compromise, so you will not lose any money as a result of any fraud that may occur. One CU has advanced fraud protection and fraud prevention systems in place that operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to identify and eliminate fraudulent card activity.
What One Credit Union will do:
• If we do detect fraud on your account or if we find that your card has been compromised, we may shut off your card. We will notify you by mail prior to doing so.
• Stand by to field your questions and concerns. Please don't hesitate to call us at 1-800-578-5024 if you have any concerns about your account.
• Continue to deliver the most up-to-date information about the impact of the breach to our members.
What you can do:
• Monitor your account activity for any unauthorized transactions.
• Call One CU at 1-800-578-5024 to report any unauthorized activity on your account.
Please also be aware of possible text phishing scams. One Credit Union will never text you a message saying you need to call to reactivate your card. If you see a message like this, please delete it immediately and call us at 1-800-578-5024.