One Credit Union Director
- Title: Director (Volunteer Position)
- Reports to: One Credit Union Members
- Supervises: President and Chief Executive Officer
The role of this volunteer position is to work with One Credit Union (OCU) management to set policy, plan
Credit Union’s course, make sure the Credit Union maintains its sound financial condition, keep
communication open, educate members about services, and report to the members at the annual meeting.
Additionally, engage in the review of the president’s/CEO’s progress in achieving goals and objectives.
- Attend all regular meetings of the Board of Directors, meeting at least monthly, as well as the annual
planning session. Exercise judgment independently from the President/CEO and report to the
members at the annual meeting.
- Participate on Board committees where necessary.
- Hire the president/CEO (if necessary), define the scope of the job, and review/evaluate progress in
attaining goals and objectives.
- Work with the President/CEO, the Board and designated OCU staff to develop objectives and goals
for the Credit Union.
- Ensure the Credit Union adheres to pertinent laws, regulations and sound business practices.
- Ensure the Credit Union maintains sound financial condition and that the Credit Union’s assets are
protected against unauthorized or illegal acts. Designate depositories, authorize borrowing and
investing, and provide for bonding and other security factors, including internal control procedures.
- Establish policies, or make sure they are established, and then approve them for all Credit Union
programs and activities.
- Ensure new products and services are developed as needed.
- Approve the Credit Union budget annually.
- Maintain all Credit Union business affairs and affairs of its members in a confidential manner.
- Attend all annual training as required by regulations.
- Be community minded and focused.
Expectations of Directors:
Volunteers serving on the Board of Directors, by election or appointment are expected to:
- Be eligible without question for bond coverage
- Have the ability and desire to attend additional educational program(s) when necessary to perform
the duties of Director
- Have requisite business knowledge to perform the duties of Director as demonstrated by business or
- Act as a positive ambassador of One Credit Union and its products and services
- Be a member in good standing at One Credit Union
- Be willing to volunteer at OCU sponsored events in the community
- Continuously identify and recommend potential new Board or committee members
- Participate in an orientation with OCU management to gain a better understanding of OCU’s mission,
vision and business practices.
If interested, please fill out the following form on the next page. If you have questions, please
email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.